Custom Search

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Get Happy Now!

Wayne Dyer is one of my favorite people. Not only as an author and fantastic speaker but because
he deals with real people in real life.

I don't know if the following story is in one of his books or I heard him tell it at a seminar a long time ago.

I am paraphrasing it here in my own words. Hope he doesn't mind because I think of him fondly every time I think about it. It is so true.

When we are in grammar school, we think, "When I get out of this stupid little school - then I will be happy."

In high school, "Can't wait to get out of here. Get into college. Have some fun. Then I will be happy."

In college, ""When is this all going to be over? Need to get started in a real job. Then I will be happy."

On to the next group -

"When I meet my soul mate, then I'll be happy."

"When we get our house, then I'll be happy."

"When we have children, then I'll be happy."

"When the divorce is final, then I'll be happy."

"When I find a person who really understands me, then I'll be happy."

"When all the kid's tuitions are paid, then I'll be happy."

"When I retire from this exhausting job and get my pension, then I'll be happy."

CUT TO -

Sitting on the beach in Fort Lauderdale with another retiree. And talking about "the good old days."

When we haven't had one good day.

A published writer, but a "newbie" as a blogger. Loving it! When I tell you I did not know the difference between a webpage and a blog only a months ago, I would not be lying! Now I do and as they say in Brooklyn, where I originated, "Who knew?"

I picked personal growth as my topic because I not only have been a self help junkie for years but I had a TV show on national cable for eleven years and interviewed over 400 authors in that time. Including all the most famous ones you see on Oprah! Since book sales on numbering in the billions in the personal growth field, I thought there would be great interest in this niche. Also, because I am a lady of a "certain age," I have been around the block a few times, made many mistakes and have achieved some success. I am hoping to share my good wisdom with my readers.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Corinne_Edwards

No comments:

Followers